11 in. x 14 in. Poster
Hand-printed using hand-carved linoleum block.
A tampon tax is the term used to call attention to the fact that tampons—and other feminine hygiene products used to manage menstrual flow—are subject to value-added tax, at odds with the tax exemption status granted to other products considered basic necessities.
Known as "period poverty" this situation has resulted in efforts to eliminate taxes on these products. Proponents of tax exemption argue that tampons, sanitary napkins, menstrual cups and comparable products constitute basic, unavoidable necessities for women and thus should be made tax exempt.
Tha United States of Women believe that we should all:
- Fight like hell for gender equality.
- Speak out against injustice.
- Hug my people tight.
- Control my own health decisions.
- Stand strong with survivors of sexual violence and harassment.
- Fight to keep immigrant families together.
- Organize against racism in all its forms.
- Never stop fighting for my sisters.